Made from dried great northern beans, this recipe is surprisingly easy to throw together, packed with flavor… and affordable!
One of my favorite things to do is revisit old recipes I’ve created and transform them for my plant-based eating family and friends. This vegan Instant Pot white bean soup has got to be one of my favorites so far. And while it’s not a must, if you have time to make your own vegetable broth, that will work wonders for ALL of your soup recipes. Plus, there’s just something so satisfying about creating your food from scratch. Not that we always have time to do that, I’m just sayin…
And this is the AMAZING result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot White Bean Soup? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Vegan Instant Pot White Bean Soup
- 1 lb. great northern beans soaked overnight
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 6 cups vegetable broth homemade preferably
- 15 oz. fire-roasted canned tomatoes petite diced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. kale de-ribbed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Using sauté setting... Add oil, onions, carrots, and celery to pot. Cook for about 5 minutes (until onions are translucent and carrots begin to soften).
- Add vinegar, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf - cook for 2 minutes, until vinegar has evaporated.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, and black pepper to pot. Mix well.
- Finally, add kale to pot and press down as much as possible, so that most of the kale is submerged. Resist the urge to stir here since it is much more important that the beans are in broth.
- Lock lid and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid.
- Add salt to pot and mix very well. While stirring, remove bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Let soup sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the beans to absorb the salt.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.