Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
(Originally posted on December 28, 2018. Updated recipe on July 5, 2019)
I don’t think people around the world eat boiled peanuts. I mean, we eat them like crazy in the south! But I’m not even sure anybody else in America really eats them – which is shocking to me because they’re so delicious. As you probably know already… peanuts are not nuts at all; they’re legumes (aka beans). So it makes perfect sense to boil them, right? Well, these Instant Pot boiled peanuts are my gift to all you.
This particular recipe was developed after I recently tasted some at a Florida flea market that blew my mind! I had never heard of using a dill brine, but it quickly became my favorite way to eat them. The flavor is WAY more interesting than just pure cajun spice.
More Instant Pot Recipes with a Twist
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make these Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts?
Please give it a star rating below!★
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts in Dill Brine
- 2 lbs. raw peanuts in shells
- 3 jalapeños sliced
- 2 dill pickles sliced
- 7 oz. jar of green olives with juice
- 1/3 cup creole seasoning
- 2 cups dill pickle juice
- 6 cups water
- Thoroughly wash raw peanuts under running water. Add peanuts to an empty pot.
- Add jalapenos, pickles, and olives to pot. DO NOT STIR.
- Add creole seasoning, pickle juice, and water. Again, DO NOT STIR. We want all the peanuts to remain submerged. And if you stir them, they will all float to the top.
- Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 120 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally. Then let the peanuts sit for as long as you can stand it!