Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Greek Style
(Originally posted on September 11,2018. Updated recipe and photos on July 8, 2019.)
I don’t know about you, but I had never eaten spaghetti squash until about 5 years ago. Just another thing that we didn’t eat in our household. But during a season of eating vegetarian, my wife and I discovered how versatile (and easy) spaghetti squash is to make. Well, this Greek-style Instant Pot spaghetti squash is pretty remarkable in that its flavor is amazing and it’s almost impossible to mess up!
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash - Greek Style
- 3-4 lb. spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onions diced
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt divided
- 4 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/3 cup black olives sliced
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes large diced
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- Place spaghetti squash on large cutting board. Using a large knife, slice squash in half lengthwise. Then, using a spoon, scoop out seeds.
- Add 1 cup water to pot, along with trivet. Place both squash halves on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 2 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid. Transfer squash to large mixing bowl.
- Give pot a quick rinse and wipe. Switch to sauté setting…
- Add oil, onions, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt – cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile… using a fork, scrape out flesh of squash. Discard shell.
- Once onions are soft and translucent, add garlic and olives. Cook for for 1 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Then turn off heat and add basil, tomatoes, and salt. Mix well until tomatoes are warm.
- Return squash to pot and mix well. Finally, add feta and mix one last time.