This Greek-Style Instant Pot spaghetti squash is easy to make, but will deliver a flavor that you won't forget. Healthy and simple!
(Originally posted on September 11,2018. Updated recipe and photos on July 8, 2019.)
I don't know about you, but I had never eaten spaghetti squash until about 5 years ago. Just another thing that we didn't eat in our household. But during a season of eating vegetarian, my wife and I discovered how versatile (and easy) spaghetti squash is to make. Well, this Greek-style Instant Pot spaghetti squash is pretty remarkable in that its flavor is amazing and it's almost impossible to mess up!
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash - Greek Style
- 3-4 lb. spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow onions diced
- 1 ¼ tsp. sea salt divided
- 4 tsp. garlic minced
- ⅓ cup black olives sliced
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes large diced
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- Place spaghetti squash on large cutting board. Using a large knife, slice squash in half lengthwise. Then, using a spoon, scoop out seeds.
- Add 1 cup water to pot, along with trivet. Place both squash halves on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 2 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid. Transfer squash to large mixing bowl.
- Give pot a quick rinse and wipe. Switch to sauté setting…
- Add oil, onions, and ¼ teaspoon of salt – cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile… using a fork, scrape out flesh of squash. Discard shell.
- Once onions are soft and translucent, add garlic and olives. Cook for for 1 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Then turn off heat and add basil, tomatoes, and salt. Mix well until tomatoes are warm.
- Return squash to pot and mix well. Finally, add feta and mix one last time.
Not only is this delicious but I love the presentation of it. It looks like you put in a lot more effort than you actually do. Great for a low carb diet.
This recipe is light and tasty. Unlike so many spaghetti squash recipes that drown the squash in marinara and pretend it's pasta, this one complements the squash. This one is going into regular rotation!
We enjoyed this lovely dish with sous vide pork chops. I will make this again. Thank you!
I added ground sausage, doubled the spinach and tomatoes
Loved the flavors in this, and the squash was perfect! I will never cook squash in the oven again.
It looks more like the photos of the step by step and not like the final photos shown. It came out wet and I’m not sure how to avoid that?
Hi Jen! I'm sorry to hear it turned out wet. The step by step photos in this post were taken when we cooked the squash for more than 2 minutes. We have tested it several times with a 2 minute cook time, and found that the squash is less wet, and firmer, as you see in the finished product picture. Was your squash smaller than 3-4 lbs? That could account for it being overcooked. As the squash sits in a bowl, between steps 5 and 7, the liquid, if there is any, should drain to the bottom of the bowl. You can pour this off before combining the remaining ingredients.
I added chicken and substituted cottage cheese for the Feta cheese and added Italian salad dressing. We really enjoyed it. I discovered that I've been over cooking my spaghetti squash, much better at the 2 min. cook time.
Can you suggest how to make this without using an instapot? Thank you!
I would cook the squash something like this. https://www.loveandlemons.com/how-to-cook-spaghetti-squash/
Then prepare the other ingredients in a saucepan on the stovetop. Mix all together in a large mixing bowl.
This recipe was simple and delicious! I will be sure to make it often. I only eliminated the black olives because i don’t like them. I’m sure you can add a lot of different options to the recipe as well. Thank you!
Just made this and it was delicious!! I will certainly be making this again very soon and switching the instapot method for preparing spaghetti squash. Some changes that I made:
- Substituted spinach and tomatoes for green peppers and cherry tomatoes (personal preference)
- Added toasted pine nuts (had them on hand and wanted some crunch)
- Omitted olives (sadly forgot to buy them, kalamata olives would have been great in this)
Thanks for the great recipe!
I Look forward to making this as a Vegan meal tonight. Cooking spaghetti squash in the instant Pot this time of season is a must for us.. I look forward to using kalamata olives . Bon Appetite
I LOVE cooking my spaghetti squash in the InstaPot~ So easy and quick!
We really loved this recipe! It was very easy and tasted great!
So tasty and satisfying!!
Had to cook the squash an extra 2 minutes under pressure. Used a 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained.
I made this and it turned out very good! Even my husband, who doesn't care for spaghetti squash, said he would eat it made like this! Thank you so much for sharing ☺️
Yum! This was so good! After I poked some holes in the squash, I put it into the instant pot whole and cooked it for 13 minutes. Then I put the rest of it together. I used a can of diced tomatoes that had garlic, oregano and basil added to them and I added already grilled chicken. It was kind of liquidy, but it tasted amazing! I think the liquid will get soaked up as it sits longer too. Thanks for the recipe!
Glad it was a hit!
Wanted to come up with something different using my spaghetti squash. Found this one and couldn’t be happier!!
I changed it a lil but- used fresh grown Swiss Char, home grown tomatoes, kalamata olives, fresh picked sweet basil
He loved it!!