Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese
Life’s all about balance, right? Give a little of this, take a little of that. Same principle applies to food. This Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese is a gluten-free adaptation of my mom’s famous mac and cheese, with a small fraction of the carbs! That’s a win!
Just a note: Spaghetti squash has a high water content, so the finished product will not be as dry as traditional baked mac and cheese. We served ours with a slotted spoon, which helped to reduce the moisture in each serving. While the texture is different than traditional mac and cheese, we were pleased with how much of the mac and cheese flavor this Instant Pot spaghetti squash mac and cheese had.
And this is the AMAZING Result…
More mac and cheese recipes:
- Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Mom’s Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese with Truffle Oil and Gruyere
★ Did you make this Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Mac and CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 4 lb. spaghetti squash
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. medium cheddar cheese shredded
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and pulp. Place trivet in pot, along with 1 cup of water. Place squash on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 2 minutes at high pressure.
- Meanwhile… add eggs, seasoned salt, and black pepper to mixing bowl - whisk together. Add evaporated milk and whisk again.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove squash from pot.
- Add butter to a separate large mixing bowl. Using a fork, scrape out flesh from each half of squash, making sure not to get any shell. Add hot squash on top of butter. Mix well until butter is melted and evenly coats squash. Add 8 ounces of cheese to bowl and mix well. Pour in egg/milk mixture and give a good mix.
- Pour squash mixture into a large pyrex bowl (1.75 quart). Do not overfill, leaving a little room at the top. Cover bowl with aluminum foil.
- Transfer bowl into pot and place on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 45 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure.
- Remove bowl and uncover. Top with remaining 4 ounces of cheese. Place under high broiler for 1-2 minutes, until desired color and/or crispiness is reached.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving because it will be hot.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!