Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
With Truffle Oil and Gruyere
If you had told me just one year ago that I would be sharing a pressure cooker macaroni and cheese recipe, I would have bet everything against it. And lost! Because here I am.
Super Simple, Yet Very Fancy!
There’s something about the taste of truffle that immediately says elegance. If you’ve never splurged on Truffle Oil, I highly recommend it to help elevate your mac-and-cheese or mashed potatoes. I also love the creaminess of Gruyere Cheese! And when you combine it with the richness of a great, sharp white cheddar, the result is deliciously amazing.
I also decided to switch up the pasta for this recipe. Have you ever heard of Fusilli Bucati Corti? It’s simply a spiral pasta that I think helps with the presentation of this mac-and-cheese. Now, I wouldn’t always choose this type of noodle. But when wanting to make a lasting impression on your dinner party guests, it can really help take this simple dish to the next level. That’s right…. this dish is dinner party worthy!
The Secret to Instant Pot Mac-and-Cheese
If you’ve ever made a cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese, then you know the base is a bechamel sauce – butter, flour, and milk. Now, when making this dish in the Instant Pot, that presents a problem. But for every problem, there is a solution. And this is no different.
And the secret is… Evaporated Milk! I guess it’s not really a secret, since my mom has been using this for her macaroni-and-cheese casserole since forever. I’m just using it in a different way for this method – to replace the bechamel. And trust me, you cannot tell the difference.
Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 1 lb. Fusilli Corti Bucati pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. Truffle oil
- 1 12oz. can evaporated milk
- 8 oz. Gruyere cheese - shredded
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar - shredded
- Add pasta, broth, butter, paprika, and mustard to Instant Pot. Mix well.
- Set manual timer to 3 minutes.
- Once complete, quick release pressure. Remove lid then switch to sauté setting.
- Add truffle oil and evaporated milk - gently mix well.
- Once it comes back up to a boil, switch to keep warm setting.
- Add both cheeses ½ cup at a time, mixing well until all shreds have melted.
- Serve and enjoy!