Instant Pot Corn
Cilantro-Lime Creamed Corn
I have been eating creamed corn my whole life. As a kid, it was definitely one of my top five favorite foods. Funny things is… when anybody in my family ever cooked it, they NEVER actually added cream. Or even milk for that matter! Which is crazy because almost every recipe online uses some sort of cream – heavy cream, milk, or even cream cheese. Well, I guess call me the odd ball because we’re only using butter for this Instant Pot corn.
Now, I did not grow up eating creamed corn with cilantro or lime. I’m from a small town in Florida and, back in the 80’s, I doubt we even knew what cilantro was. So this Instant Pot corn recipe is an adaption of my childhood, combined with my love of the cilantro and lime flavor profile. It’s pretty doggone good.
And This Instant Pot Corn is the Amazing Result…
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Instant Pot Cilantro-Lime Creamed Corn
- 5 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves finely chopped
- zest of 2 limes finely choped
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Cut corn kernels off of 6 cobs – should yield between 4-5 cups. Break up corn into individual kernels.
- Add corn to pot. Then add water and salt. Lock lid and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Meanwhile – finely chop cilantro. Using a microplane – remove zest from 2 limes, then finely chop.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid. Switch to sauté setting. Add butter, cilantro, lime zest, and cayenne pepper. Mix well until butter is completely melted.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Pour cornstarch slurry into pot. Mix well, and continue mixing until desired consistency is reached. Probably about 1 minute.
- Switch to warm setting until ready to serve.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!