Lemon Dill Salmon
With Stone Ground Mustard
Who doesn’t love a great lemon dill salmon dish? There’s just something about the balance of rich salmon with the brightness and acidity of lemon and dill. This recipe adds a new twist to the classic flavor profile… Mustard! But not just any mustard. Take a splurge and buy the highest quality stone ground mustard you can get your hands on.
Wait… Mayo? Really?
Yes, really. I know, it’s not low fat. But let’s be honest… the most delicious stuff in life usually isn’t. And keep in mind, this isn’t an everyday meal. This is the type of meal you serve when entertaining guests. It definitely has that “Wow!” factor.
But Why the Mayo?
The mayo helps take this dish to the next level. First, the mayo will keep the salmon incredibly moist – no surprise, there’s oil in mayo. It will also help create an incredible crust once the high heat of the broiler hits it. So my advice – don’t skimp too much (meaning at all) on the mayo! But here’s the best part- No one will even know that it’s in there. There’s not the slightest hint of mayo taste, so just keep that between me and you.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
Lemon Dill Salmon with Stone Ground Mustard
- 3 lb. whole salmon filet no skin, no bones
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 3 Tbsp. mayonaise
- 1 lemon zested, juiced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove salmon from refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl - combine mustard, mayonaise, lemon juice and zest, and dill.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, then place on a prepped roasting tray.
- Spread mustard mixture over top of salmon, making sure to cover completely.
- Switch oven to high broiler setting.
- Once broiler is hot - place salmon on top rack for 6-8 minutes (until top of salmon is just slightly charred), rotating after about 4 minutes.
- Switch oven back to 375 degrees.
- Move salmon to middle/lower rack. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!