Instant Pot Curry with Chickpeas, Tomatoes & Spinach
First, let me begin by saying that I am fully aware that this is not an authentic preparation of curry. I mean, I live in Florida, with roots from Alabama and the Carolinas. But, this recipe is a quick, flavorful, Americanized Instant Pot curry. And it’s been a big hit every time I’ve served it! Try it with this Coconut-Herb Rice.
I’ve eaten a lot of “quick and easy” curries before. And, quite frankly, they often lack the most important ingredient in ANY food: Flavor! Well, let me assure you that this version delivers. I’ve taken this dish to multiple potlucks. And surprisingly, it has been the big hit! (Possibly because no one knew it was a plant-based recipe…? Lol.)
And the AMAZING Result…
Instant Pot Curry!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Instant Pot Curry with Chickpeas, Tomatoes and Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 14.5 oz tomatoes fire-roasted, diced
- 13.5 oz. coconut milk
- 13.5 oz chickpeas drained
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach
- Using sauté setting – add oil, onions, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook for about 3 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent. Then add ginger and continue cooking for another 3 minutes or so. Next, add garlic and cook for one minute more. Now Add curry powder and mix well, allowing to toast for about a minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, followed by chickpeas, coconut milk, and remaining salt. Mix well.
- Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure.
- Finally, add spinach and mix until fully wilted. Serve with rice or quinoa.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!