Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
With Homemade BBQ Sauce
I know, I know… Does the Internet really need yet another Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe? But stick with me and hear me out as to why you should give this one a try. Really, there are 3 reasons… the flavor of using a whole chicken, the best homemade BBQ sauce (with some left for another recipe), and you get to make your own chicken stock with the leftover bones.
And this is the AMAZING Result…
More Instant Pot chicken recipes:
- Easy Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings – Sweet, Spicy, Savory
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken with Lime and Black Beans
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili – Easy & Delicious
- Grandma B’s Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken ?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 lb. whole chicken
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Add onions, garlic, and bay leaf to pot. Place trivet on top of aromatics. Then add 1 cup of water.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper, including inside cavity. Place chicken (breast side up) on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Meanwhile… add all remaining ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk together and microwave until hot (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (about 20 minutes). Using the trivet, transfer chicken to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove all meat from bones. Add 1 cup of sauce to chicken and mix well. Add more sauce until your desired sauciness is reached.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!