Grandma B’s Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice
Some of my most vivid memories are attached to food. And I don’t think I’ve ever known a cook as good as my Grandma B. I remember growing up and being amazed at how good even her rice tasted. She is no longer with us, so I can’t ask – but I’m pretty sure this pressure cooker chicken and rice recipe is similar. Even if it isn’t, it sure reminds me of eating in her kitchen after school. And that’s just fine with me.
Few Ingredients. Few steps.
Ya gotta love a recipe that doesn’t require many ingredients or complicated preparation. Every now and then it’s just nice to have something simple that still delivers delicious flavor. I mean, the toughest part of this pressure cooker chicken and rice is trying to remove the whole chicken from the pressure cooker. Then just remove the meat from the bones while the rice cooks, and add it back. Anyone can do this! Anyone.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
More Instant Pot chicken and rice recipes:
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Grandma B's Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- 4 lb. whole young chicken
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper separated
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Place whole chicken in Instant Pot breast side up, then add water, salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Lock lid, close vent, and set manual timer for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (will take about 30 minutes). Then remove chicken from pot to a separate bowl. Be careful because it might be falling apart, which is good!
- Add lemon juice and rice to broth, then mix well. Lock lid, close vent, and set manual timer for 4 minutes on low pressure.
- Meanwhile - remove all the meat from the bones and tear into medium-size pieces. Throw away all the skin and bones.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. (If liquid starts to come out of vent, just close it and wait a minute or two. Sometimes the rice will produce those starchy bubbles.) Then remove lid and add chicken and 1 teaspoon black pepper to pot. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!