Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo
I grew up eating chicken and yellow rice just like most people from the south. I can spot a bag of Vigo rice from a mile away. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized what I had always eaten was really a bad substitute for the real thing. I don’t think most Americans actually know any better either. Well, after doing quite a bit of research, I’m really pleased with this pressure cooker arroz con pollo.
This pressure cooker arroz con pollo has a freshness that is often missing in this dish. The flavor is so bright, yet warm and comforting at the same time.
And This is the Amazing Result…
★ Did you make this Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and Rice)
- 6 lb. whole chicken
- 6 cups water
- 4 tsp. Adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled, quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes cored
- 1 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro thoroughly washed
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Sazón Goya packets
- 1/4 cup green olives sliced
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- Place whole chicken in Instant Pot breast side up. Then add water, Adobo, and black pepper. Lock lid, close vent, and set manual timer for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Meanwhile - Place onions is food processor (with blade attachment) and pulse a few times, until coarsely chopped. Add tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, and capers to food processor and pulse just until fully combined. (Should make about 2 cups.)
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (will take about 30 minutes). Then remove chicken from pot to a separate bowl. Be careful because it might be falling apart, which is good!
- Pass broth through a fine mesh strainer and return to pressure cooker.
- Add tomato/cilantro mixture, Sazón Goya, olives, and rice to broth and mix well. Lock lid at cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid.
- Meanwhile - separate all chicken meat from bones in medium-sized chunks. Discard skin and bones.
- Add chicken to pot and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!