Instant Pot Sushi Rice Recipe
There are few foods that have me doing the happy dance as much as sushi rolls. But let me tell you, it can be an expensive habit! So over the past year and a half, I’ve been learning and trying to perfect making it at home. And little did I know that the key is the rice! So when you combine this new mission with my slight obsession with my Instant Pot, you get this perfect Instant Pot sushi rice recipe! I’m very happy about it.
Why Use the Instant Pot for This?
There’s a simple reason I prefer using the Instant Pot for rice: consistency! We actually got rid of our rice cooker once we discovered how perfectly the IP cooked rice each and every time. And any kitchen that can take away the guesswork gets my vote.
I Know… It Seems Like a Lot of Vinegar
I wasn’t surprised at how many comments we received about how much vinegar is called for in this recipe. I also wasn’t surprised at the response after people gave it a try! It may seem like a lot, but trust me on this… It creates an amazing flavor! And I think it’s some of the best sushi rice I’ve ever tasted. Try it!
More Instant Pot rice recipes:
- Vegan Sushi Recipe – Made Easy Using the Sushezi!
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice – Chipotle Copycat
- Pressure Cooker Coconut Rice with Fresh Herbs
- Pressure Cooker Yellow Rice – Quick, Easy, and Delicious
- Grandma B’s Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Broccoli Rice & “Casserole“
- Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Sushi Rice?
Please give it a star rating below!
Instant Pot Sushi Rice
A fool-proof method for perfect sushi rice every time.
- 2 cups short-grain Japanese rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- In a fine mesh strainer - Rinse rice under running water for about 2 minutes, Then let dry for a few minutes.
- Add rice and water to Instant Pot and use rice setting - low pressure for 12 minutes. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release - about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl - combine white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar, salt, and sugar. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir until completely dissolved.
- Transfer rice to glass dish. Then using a wooden spoon, gently add vinegar mixture and mix well to combine.
- Let cool, the use in your favorite rolls. Enjoy!