This easy pressure cooker BBQ Chicken is fall-off-the-bone tender. With just 3 ingredients and 3 easy steps, this is our go-to easy dinner recipe.
3 Ingredients, 3 Steps
Perfect, fall-off-the-bone barbecue chicken with just 3 ingredients in 3 easy steps - Need I say more? This tender pressure cooker BBQ chicken has layers of flavor and is incredibly simple to make.
Just marinate your chicken, throw it in your pressure cooker, then remove and toss with BBQ sauce before finishing in the oven. Use a foil-lined baking sheet for easy clean-up, and all you have left to clean at the end is your Instant Pot.
HOW TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER BBQ CHICKEN
★ Did you make this Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Easy Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 16 oz zesty Italian dressing
- 2 cups
BBQ saucehighly recommend the homemade BBQ sauce below
- Add chicken and dressing to a gallon-sized Ziplock bag and marinate for at least one hour (preferably overnight).
- Add trivet to pressure cooker. Pour all contents of bag into Instant Pot, lock lid, cook for 20 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile – pour BBQ sauce into a medium-sized bowl. Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Carefully individually remove each piece of chicken from Instant Pot with tongs. As you remove them, dip in the BBQ sauce and place on a lined baking sheet. Then place baking sheet under a high broiler for at least 5 minutes, but basically until you have the desired char and caramelization.
- This recipe was developed in a 6qt Instant Pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- Chicken thighs can be substituted for drumsticks. The cook time will remain the same. We have not tested this recipe using chicken breasts.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE, VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.