This easy pressure cooker BBQ Chicken is fall-off-the-bone tender. With just 3 ingredients and 3 easy steps, this is our go-to easy dinner recipe.
3 Ingredients, 3 Steps
Perfect, fall-off-the-bone barbecue chicken with just 3 ingredients in 3 easy steps - Need I say more? This tender pressure cooker BBQ chicken has layers of flavor and is incredibly simple to make.
Just marinate your chicken, throw it in your pressure cooker, then remove and toss with BBQ sauce before finishing in the oven. Use a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up, and all you have left to clean at the end is your Instant Pot.
HOW TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER BBQ CHICKEN
The Best Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Sure, you can use a bottle of store bought sauce if pressed for time. But trust me, once you try this homemade sauce, you'll never want to go back to store-bought again.
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat – combine all of the ingredients, except the salt, and bring to a boil, stirring well. Let cool, then season with salt.
★ Did you make this Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Easy Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 16 oz zesty Italian dressing
- 2 cups BBQ sauce highly recommend homemade- see above
- Add chicken and dressing to a gallon-sized Ziplock bag and marinate for at least one hour (preferably overnight).
- Add trivet to pressure cooker. Pour all contents of bag into Instant Pot, lock lid, cook for 20 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile – pour BBQ sauce into a medium-sized bowl. Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Carefully individually remove each piece of chicken from Instant Pot with tongs. As you remove them, dip in the BBQ sauce and place on a lined baking sheet. Then place baking sheet under a high broiler for at least 5 minutes, but basically until you have the desired char and caramelization.
- This recipe was developed in a 6qt Instant Pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- Chicken thighs can be substituted for drumsticks. The cook time will remain the same. We have not tested this recipe using chicken breasts.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE, VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.