Originally posted on August 25, 2017. Updated with new images and process shots.
I don't know about you, but I've never been the biggest fan of tofu. Mainly because of the texture. It's got a weird quality to it that I just don't usually prefer. But I tell you what... Tofu and air fryers are a match made in heaven! I would typically recommend baking tofu to achieve the crispiness that I like, but air fryer tofu has outdone it for sure. Plus, this Air Fryer Tofu Buddha Bowl recipe has a sauce that's pretty much drinkable with a straw! And I'm sure you already know how perfectly air fryers make crisp-tender veggies. Yeah, I think it's safe to say this is a winner!
More Vegan Recipes
HOW TO MAKE THIS AIR FRYER TOFU BUDDHA BOWL
And this is the AMAZING result…
★ Did you make this Air Fryer Tofu Buddha Bowl?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Air Fryer Tofu Buddha Bowl
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli florets only
- 3 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 8 oz. fresh spinach sautéed with olive oil and garlic
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Wrap tofu in a several paper towels and set a plate on top to press out excess liquid. Once dry, unwrap tofu and cut into very small cubes (about 100 pieces).
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, molasses, lime juice, and Sriracha to a large bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Add tofu to the sauce and let marinate for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. While tofu is marinating, prep veggies.
- Coat air fryer with your choice of oil. Remove tofu from bowl and add to air fryer basket, leaving all marinade in bowl. Cook tofu at 370 degrees F for 15 minutes, shaking basket every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli, carrots, and bell pepper to bowl with marinade and mix well every few minutes.
- Also, while tofu is cooking, cook spinach on the stovetop, just until wilted, making sure not to overcook.
- Once tofu is done, remove from air fryer and set aside. Then add vegetables to air fryer basket, again leaving marinade in bowl. Cook vegetables for 10 minutes, giving the basket a good shake every few minutes.
- In a large serving bowl - begin to build your Buddha Bowl. First add cooked quinoa (or rice), then spread the cooked veggies evenly. Next add the cooked spinach, and finally the tofu. Pour over remaining marinade and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.