The best part of this air fryer steak (in my opinion) is the sear! I had to figure out how to make an actual sear happen by using an air fryer. The answer: coffee and brown sugar! The coffee for color and the sugar caramelizes for texture under high heat.
Developing this air fryer steak recipe has truly been one of my favorites since we started writing about food. I know steak very well. But I had never used an air fryer to cook one.
The Single Most Important Part of Making This Recipe
Whenever cooking steak, whether in an air fryer or not, it is important to let the meat come close to room temperature before cooking it. This is the only way to get the inside of the steak to cook before the outside overcooks. Never ever go straight from the refrigerator to the heat.
Okay, There are 2 Most Important Parts
After your steak is done cooking, it is incredibly important that you let it rest before slicing it. If you slice it too early, all the juices will run out onto the plate. But if you let it rest, the juices get absorbed back into the meat.
You really want to let it rest as long as possible, while still remaining warm. But a good rule-of-thumb is to let any steak rest for at least 5 minutes; though I usually aim for ten.
And Your Amazing Air Fryer Steak Reward…
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Air Fryer Coffee & Spice Ribeye
- 1 lb. ribeye steak
- 1 1/2 tsp. course sea salt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground coffee
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp. coriander
- 1/8 tsp. cocoa powder
- In a small bowl – add all spices. Using a whisk – combine spices, making sure to break up the pesky brown sugar.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of spice mix onto a plate. Lay one steak on top of spices. Then season steak liberally with spice mix and rub into meat evenly. Flip to make sure other side is seasoned properly as well.
- Pick up steak and press all sides into remaining spice mix on the plate so that none of the spices are wasted.
- Let steak sit for at least 20 minutes to come to room temperature. This help the steak cook evenly.
- Meanwhile - Prepare air fryer tray by coating with oil to prevent sticking. Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees for at least 3 minutes.
- Cook steak undisturbed for 9 minutes. Do not flip and do not open.
- Once cook time is finished, remove from air fryer and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.