Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
Just in time for football season! We know how frustrating it can be eating a plant-based diet and having to watch everyone eat all this “great” food at a party – while their idea of vegan food is a vegetable tray from Publix. Well, I refuse to be on the sidelines any longer! So here’s our first of many great snack ideas for your tailgate parties: Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 1 head of cauliflower - florets
- ½ cup milk (we used soy milk)
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (we used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free baking 1-to-1)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup frank's red hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter (we used earth balance buttery spread)
- ¼ cup molasses
- In a mixing bowl - combine all dry ingredients (flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper) then whisk in water and milk until batter has no lumps.
- Add cauliflower florets to batter and mix well to evenly coat with batter. Remove florets on at a time and transfer to a separate dish so that excess batter can run off.
- Add battered florets to air fryer basket in a single layer. Also, try to keep them from touching (if possible) so that all sides can get direct heat.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (You can shake basket about halfway through, but not necessary).
- Meanwhile, in a small pot (or in microwave) - bring hot sauce, butter, and molasses to low simmer, mixing well to combine. Then remove from heat.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and cover with sauce, then toss to coat.
- Serve with your dipping sauce of choice, or none at all. Enjoy!