Instant Pot Stuffing
AKA Cornbread Dressing
Growing up, my mom’s macaroni and cheese was my favorite food in the whole world. But as I became an adult, it shifted to her cornbread dressing. It took me about 6 attempts to finally nail down a recipe (since she never measures anything), but I mastered it last year. Now, I’ve converted it into this Instant Pot Stuffing recipe! But it sounds weird calling it stuffing because in the south we call it dressing. Same thing though!
(While making you own turkey stock is optional, I highly recommend it!)
And This is the Amazing Result…
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Instant Pot Stuffing AKA Cornbread Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. oil or butter preferably bacon fat
- 1/2 cup yellow onions diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup canned sweet peas drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey preferably thigh meat, chopped
- 2 cups cooked cornbread not sweet, crumbled
- 2 cups stuffing mix Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 3 cups turkey stock
- Using the sauté setting – add 2 tablespoons of oil to pot. Then add onions, celery, bell peppers, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, until veggies are soft and translucent. This is your only chance to cook them, so make sure they soften. We don’t want crunchy celery.
- Meanwhile, remove the meat from 2 turkey thighs. Should be a total of about 1 1/2 cups. Chop turkey into small bean-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Turn off sauté setting. Add all remaining ingredients to pot and mix REALLY well.
- Spray a 7-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour all ingredients into pan, spread out evenly, and pack down firmly. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup of turkey stock into pot (do not rinse out first!), then add a 3-inch trivet. Place pan on top of trivet, lock lid, and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick release pressure.
- Remove pan from pot, take off foil covering, and place in oven under high broiler for about 5 minutes to crisp the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!