Easy & Delicious Chicken Chili
There’s nothing like a bowl of hot chicken chili on a cold night. And you’d never think this recipe is as easy to execute as it is. But there are only two steps in this process, with an amazing result.
Step 1 – Prepare Your Chicken
I prefer oven-baked chicken for this chili. But you could absolutely use any leftover or store-bought rotisserie chicken. The simplest way to make the chicken is to season it well and bake at 425 for 30 minutes. Easy peasy.
Step 2 – Throw Everything Else in the Pot
That’s right. Just put all the remaining ingredients in your Instant Pot and you’re done! And the same goes for stovetop. You’ll just need to adjust the cook time.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 large green pepper - finely chopped
- One 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can creamed corn
- Bake chicken breasts at 425 for 30 minutes. When finished, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then dice into medium chunks. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to Instant Pot and mix well.
- Set manual cook time for 15 minutes.
- After cooking is complete, quick-release pressure.
- Add diced chicken to pot and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!