This flourless pumpkin oat bread is the perfect heart healthy, low sugar breakfast for a fall morning. With just two easy steps to follow, it can be prepped in under five minutes. Make it in the Instant Pot or in the oven.
This flourless pumpkin oat bread is the perfect heart healthy, low sugar breakfast for a fall morning. With just two easy steps to follow, it can be prepped in under five minutes. Then bake it as bread, muffins, or mini-muffins, or pour it in a pan and bake it in your Instant Pot! You'll find instructions for all baking options in the recipe card below.
This bread is lightly sweetened. But you can easily bump up the sweetness by adding more sugar. However, we've found this to be the perfect level of sweetness for our family. Even our toddlers approve!
And this is the AMAZING Result…
More Instant Pot breakfast recipes:
- Banana Oat Bread in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Banana Bread with Peanut Butter and Chocolate
- Instant Pot Frittata with Sausage, Mushrooms and Feta
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bread Made from Scratch
★ Did you make this Pumpkin Oat Bread ? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Pumpkin Oat Bread
- 2 cups instant oatmeal gluten-free
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place oats in blender. Blend for 20 seconds until fine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to the blender, then add pumpkin, followed by all remaining wet ingredients. Blend until smooth and well combined.
To cook in Instant Pot:
- Spray a 7-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in batter and spread out evenly. Then cover with foil.
- Add a 3-inch trivet to pot, along with 1 ½ cups of water. Place pan on top of trivet, lock lid, and cook for 60 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove pan, uncover, and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To bake in oven:
- Spray muffin, mini muffin, or loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Distribute batter evenly into 24-count mini muffin tin, 12-count standard muffin tin or loaf pan.
- Bake for at following time and temperature:Muffins: 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Mini muffins: 400 degrees F for 9 minutes. Loaf Pan: 350 degrees F bake for 30-35 minutes.
The instructions calls for bananas but there are no bananas in the ingredients. How many do you use?
Thanks for pointing out that mistake! There are no bananas in this recipe, just pumpkin. We've fixed that error. It was a crossover from this similar recipe that does have bananas: https://thefoodieeats.com/banana-oat-bread/
I buy giant containers of Quaker Oats from Sam's Club. I believe they're old fashioned oats. Will that work in this recipe? I'm not sure if they're significantly different from instant oatmeal.
Old fashioned should work, though the bread may not be quite as moist. You could add an additional two tablespoons of pumpkin if you find it's not moist enough.
I like the flavor and the amount of sweetness however the texture was gummy. If I make it again I'll try a cook time of 70 minutes instead of 60. Just curios if the knife test should be used when cooked in the instant pot?