Banana Oat Bread in the Instant Pot
As a mom of three children three and under, I’m always looking for quick, easy, and healthy recipes. This healthy banana oat bread, made in the Instant Pot, couldn’t be easier! One blender, no bowls, no mixing. Just place the ingredients in a blender, blend, pour, and cook. This guilt-free banana bread can be prepped in five minutes or less!
Gluten-Free & Low Sugar
This instant pot banana oat bread is also a healthy alternative to traditional banana bread. Choose gluten-free oats and it’s gluten-free. This bread also has a fraction of the sugar of traditional banana bread, with just 1/4 a cup of molasses, or maple syrup, in the entire recipe. And perhaps most impressive of all – this bread is approved by both of our toddlers!
Molasses, Honey, or Maple Syrup
This recipe can be made with the liquid sweetener of your choice: molasses, honey, maple syrup or agave nectar will work. I often choose to use molasses in this recipe as a way to introduce more iron into our youngest toddler’s diet. (She’s been going through a self-proclaimed vegetarian phase.) I’ve also grown to love the full-bodied flavor of molasses. If you choose to use molasses, the finished bread will be much darker in color than bread baked with syrup or honey. The texture of the bread will be nearly identical regardless of the sweetener you choose.
Can I make this without an Instant Pot?
Absolutely! You can follow the recipe as written, then simply pour into a greased standard muffin tin, or a mini muffin tin. This recipe will yield 12 muffins, or 24 mini muffins. Bake mini muffins for 9 minutes at 400 degrees F. If making standard muffins, bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Banana Oat Bread?
Please give it a star rating below!★
Banana Oat Bread
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas (roughly 1 1/4 cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup molasses or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add all dry ingredients to the blender, then add bananas, followed by all remaining wet ingredients on top. Blend until smooth and well combined.
To cook in Instant Pot:
- Spray a 7-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in batter and spread out evenly. Then cover with foil.
- Add a 3-inch trivet to pot, along with 1 1/2 cups of water. Place pan on top of trivet, lock lid, and cook for 60 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove pan, uncover, and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To bake in oven:
- Spray muffin, mini muffin, or loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Distribute batter evenly into 24-count mini muffin tin, or 12-count standard muffin tin. Bake mini muffins for 9 minutes at 400 degrees F. If making standard muffins, bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If baking in a loaf pan, bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!