I love tacos almost as much as I love soup. Well, not really, but it sounded good, right? I do actually like tacos quite a bit though. Now I don't normally think of tacos when I think of soup. But this Instant Pot taco soup actually tastes like you're eating a taco - except it's soup. It's kinda like tacos and chili had a baby. The texture is definitely closer to that of chili - meaning it's hearty, meaty and filling. But it tastes nothing like chili, so it's quite surprising to eat. And it is one of the most simple soups we've made - you brown the beef, dump in everything else, and close the lid. That's it!
More Filling Instant Pot Meals
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Instant Pot Dirty Rice
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT TACO SOUP
And the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Taco Soup? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 1-2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 32 oz. pinto beans drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz. whole kernel corn drained
- 14.5 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 10 oz. Rotel
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup green olives sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Using the sauté setting - add ground beef and onions to the pot. Season with salt and pepper and cook until beef is thoroughly browned - mixing frequently. Pour into fine mesh strainer to drain and return to pot.
- First add the dry herbs, mix, and let them cook for a minite or so. Then, all remaining ingredients and mix well. Switch to the manual setting for 5 minutes and close the lid. Once cook time is complete - quick-release pressure.
- Serve topped with sour cream, jalapeños, chopped avocados, and shredded cheddar cheese. And, of course, some tortilla chips on the side for dipping!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.
Such a great and delicious recipe! Busy schedules make it hard to make a yummy meal, so this is great!
Thanks! My family loves it.
As i understand it, Rotel is a brand name for a line of canned tomatoes and green chilli of different varieties. What exactly, do you have in mind here?
Yes, when using the Rotel brand, we use the can labeled "Original" unless otherwise noted. You could absolutely use a generic version of it though.
We had this yesterday and everyone loved it!