This Instant Pot crack chicken has a different twist - it tastes kinda like you're eating jalapeño poppers, just not as spicy. Perfect for serving with pasta, on a sandwich, as a dip for tortilla chips, or (for a really low-carb option) on a salad!
Ya know how a lot of times you hear these ideas that are so popular that you really want nothing to do with it? That was me for the longest time when it comes to "crack chicken." Who knew that all it would take was eating a low-carb diet to open my eyes to the madness. And thanks my wonderful wife, who pointed out that crack chicken has many of the same ingredients as jalapeño poppers, I think I was actually able to bring something new to the concept of crack chicken. While researching crack chicken recipes online, I was kinda shocked that no one had ever combined two of the most addictive foods around - crack chicken and bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers. Well, this Instant Pot Crack Chicken recipe had me going to town on the bottom of the pot while Rachael was taking pictures. It's as addictive as the name suggests!
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
And the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Crack Chicken? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Crack Chicken - Jalapeño Popper Style
- 12 oz. bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup canned jalapeños sliced
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2-3 Tbsp. jalapeño brine
- ½ tsp. dried chives
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Using sauté setting – add bacon to pot and cook until crispy. Add jalapeños and continue cooking for another minute or so. Then remove bacon and jalapeños and set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pot.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, then sear them for about 3 minutes on each side in the bacon fat. Then transfer them to a mixing bowl and set aside momentarily.
- Discard remaining bacon fat, but do not rinse pot. Instead, add 2-3 tablespoons of jalapeño brine from the jar, along with ¾ cup of chicken broth, and scrape up all the fond (brown bits) from the bottom of pot.
- Return the chicken to pot and season with remaining spices – chives, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder. Gently turn the chicken breasts so that the seasonings are mostly in the broth. Lock lid and cook for 7 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove lid and transfer chicken breasts back to mixing bowl. Then, using two forks, pull the chicken apart into bite-size pieces.
- Pour off all but about 1 cup of broth from the pot, then add the cream cheese and mix until completely melted. Return chicken to pot with cream cheese mixture and give a good mix.
- Finally, add bacon/jalapeños and cheddar cheese. Give one last mix until cheddar is melted. Serve over pasta, on a sandwich, or (for a really low-carb option) on a salad!
This was a huge hit! The flavors are amazing and it was a breeze to make! One of our new favorites!!
This is terrific!!!! Wow! Loved it - thank you so much 🙂
We loved it. Added more bacon and swapped pepperocinis instead of jalapenos so it wasnt so spicy. Tasted even better as leftovers. Highly recommend.
Sounds like a good idea! I think I may try that next time I make this.
We loved it. I used turkey bacon and stirred penne noodles into mixture. I cooked the noodles on the stove while the chicken was in the insta pot.
I did this months back. What I found is you can put anything in crack chicken you and your family like. I used first recipe and added green chili, bacon, green onion wonderful