Pickles and chicken may sound like an odd combination, but it's the flavor you didn't even know you wanted to try and fall in love with. This Instant Pot Pickle Chicken dinner is made with three easy steps!
I don't know about you, but I am head-over-heels in love with the chicken from Chick-fil-A. I've always felt like they must be adding crack to it or something because it's definitely addictive. Well, come to find out, it's not crack - it's pickle juice! While we can't confirm that it's true, we've heard from several former employees that once upon a time, they used pickle juice in their brine, which gives it a unique flavor. Think about that the next time you bite into a sandwich, and I guarantee you'll taste it! So this Instant Pot pickle chicken is meant to remind us of our favorite chicken place. And you get to eat the pickles too!
More Whole Chicken Recipes
How to Make Instant Pot Pickle Chicken
And this is the AMAZING Result
What is the flavor like? This recipe yields a moist and tender chicken with a mild hint of pickle flavor.
Can I get more pickle flavor if I marinate the chicken in pickle juice? Yes. You can marinate the chicken in pickle juice for 1-4 hours if you want a more intense pickle flavor.
Can I eat the pickles? Absolutely!
Can I use a frozen chicken? We have not tested this, or any of our recipes, with frozen chicken. As a rule, we don't recommend cooking from frozen. It's a quality thing. You can cook from frozen, but the quality will not be as good as cooking from fresh or thawed chicken. As we haven’t tested it, we cannot recommend a cook time.
Can I use chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken? You could do that, but I can’t say how good it will be. The whole chicken is really the best way to go. The cook time would be different as well. As we haven’t tested it, we cannot recommend a cook time.
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Pickle Chicken? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Pickle Chicken
- 5 lb. whole chicken
- 24 oz. jar of kosher dill pickles
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings that tickle your pickle). Stuff the chicken cavity with the pickles.
- Pour the pickle juice from the jar (about 1 ½ cups) into the pot and insert the trivet. Place the chicken on top of the trivet, breast side up.
- Lock lid and cook for 35 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally. Crisp the skin using the following methods, or serve as is.
To crisp skin in Instant Pot Duo Crisp:
- Place air fryer lid on pot and set to broil for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from Instant Pot and enjoy!
To crisp skin in oven:
- Carefully transfer chicken to an oven-safe dish and place under a broiler for 5-7 minutes.