Instant Pot Fajitas Salad
It’s not always fun to eat light and healthy, but that doesn’t mean it can’t taste great while doing it. At least, that’s our philosophy! The idea for this recipe came during a season while eating a Whole30 diet. So we took one of our favorite foods and put it on top of a salad! These Instant Pot fajitas chicken and veggies are everything! The chicken is seasoned perfectly and the veggies are crisp tender and not overcooked. I’m pretty sure we’ll be eating this later in the year topped with cheese and sour cream, rolled in a flour tortilla!
More Chicken Breast Recipes:
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken with Lime and Black Beans
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
And this is the AMAZING Result…
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Fajitas Salad?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Fajitas - Perfect for Salad
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup yellow onions cut with the grain into strips
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Add all spices to bowl and mix together. Remove 1 1/2 teaspoons of spice blend and set aside.
- Add thinly sliced chicken to Ziplock bag and add 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice, and remaining spices. Mix well to coat chicken and marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Using sauté setting… once hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil, peppers, onions, and scallions. Add reserved 1 1/2 teaspoons of spice blend, mix well, and sauté for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook, they should still have a little texture. Remove and set aside.
- Do not rinse or wipe pot. Add chicken broth and chicken with marinade. Lock lid and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Drain off excess liquid and serve chicken in the fajita style of your choice.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Drain off excess liquid and serve chicken in the fajita style of your choice.