This silky, Instant Pot dark chocolate cheesecake is lightly sweetened, with a rich chocolate crust. Perfect for chocolate lovers!
(Originally posted on May 7, 2019. Updated tips and frequently asked questions on November 18, 2019)
This cheesecake is light and super silky, with a rich chocolatey crust. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream, perfect when enjoyed with a cup of coffee or some fresh strawberries. We opted for a dark chocolate, lightly sweetened flavor profile by using semisweet chocolate chips. But you could totally switch them out for milk chocolate chips. This Instant Pot chocolate cheesecake is simple to make and incredibly delicious.
Why This Recipe Works
- Oven baked cheesecakes require a water bath when cooking. The Instant pot uses steam to cook, which means no water bath is necessary! Producing a smooth cheesecake with no cracks is easy with the Instant Pot.
- The cheesecake batter is sweet, but not overly rich, which pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate crust.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Glaze
And the AMAZING Result…
- For neat and clean slices, heat your knife before cutting. I do this by submerging the blade of the knife in a glass of hot water. Dry the knife and slice. This prevents the cheesecake from sticking to the knife. You can heat the knife as often as needed while slicing each piece.
- If your store doesn’t carry chocolate Graham Crackers, you can substitute chocolate Teddy Grahams You’ll need 100 Teddy Grahams, which is about 4 servings. Most boxes have 9 servings, so one box should be plenty. You can also substitute with Oreos. To do so, use 12 Oreos, 2 tbs of butter, and omit the brown sugar.
What kind of pan did you use? To make this in our 6qt Instant Pot, we used a Fat Daddio’s 7×3″ Cheesecake Pan. A 7″ springform pan will also work. You can use a regular 7×3 inch cake pan, but the slices may be difficult to remove neatly.
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- 8 chocolate graham crackers 124 grams
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 16 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place graham crackers in food processor and run until crackers break into fine crumbs. Add cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour crumb mixture into a 7″ push pan or springform pan. Then, using fingertips or glass, press down crumbs into an even layer. Place pan in freezer while preparing the batter.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix together, making sure to break up any clumps in the cocoa powder. You may want to sift in the cocoa to remove any clumps. Then add cream cheese and blend until smooth with a hand mixer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave chips and heavy cream for 25 seconds, then whisk until completely smooth. If chips are not melted after one minute of whisking, microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Let chocolate mixture cool until warm, not hot, then fold into cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla and mix until just combined. Tap bowl against counter top several times until air bubbles rise to surface. Burst bubbles with fork or toothpick.
- Remove cheesecake crust from freezer and pour batter into pan. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 3-inch trivet to Instant Pot. Cover cheesecake with foil, and place on trivet. Cook for 40 minutes at high pressure, then allow a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure is released, turn off Instant Pot and carefully remove cheesecake. Remove foil and allow cheesecake to cool for one hour or until room temperature. Once cool, carefully run a paring knife around the edge of the cheesecake to separate from pan. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Carefully push cheesecake up from push pan by placing center of push pan on a can or glass and pushing edges down. If using springform pan, gently remove outer edge of pan. Then serve and enjoy.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.