Creamy white chocolate cheesecake swirled with peppermint bits and with a rich chocolate mint crust. Perfect for the holidays!
Peppermint bark is one of my all time favorite Christmas treats. Dark chocolate combines with smooth, creamy white chocolate, with the crunch of fresh peppermint bits. So, when we set out to create Christmas recipes for the Instant Pot, like our Instant Pot Eggnog and Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake, I knew right away that a peppermint bark cheesecake had to be next. The finished result was even better than I could have hoped. We served this to our family during Thanksgiving and received rave reviews from everyone who tried it!
And this is the AMAZING Result…
More Instant Pot Desserts:
- Gingerbread Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Red Velvet Cake w/ Kahlua & Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Glaze
- Instant Pot Eggnog; Perfectly Pasteurized
Can I use regular Oreos instead of Oreo thins? Yes! Oreo thins can be replaced by 25 regular mint Oreos with filling removed from half. If you cannot find mint Oreos, regular Oreos will work.
Can I make this gluten-free? Yes! Just substitute gluten free sandwich cookies, such as Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies, for the Oreos, and remove the filling from half of the cookies before using.
★ Did you make this Peppermint Bark Cheesecake? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
- 25 Mint Oreo Thins see notes for substitutions
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. crushed candy cane 1 to 1 1/2 candy canes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place 25 Mint Oreo Thins in a food processor. (If using regular Oreos, instead of thins, scrape filling out of half of the Oreos and discard.) Run food processor until cookies break into fine crumbs.
- Add cookie crumbs and melted butter to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour crumb mixture into 7″x 3″ push pan or springform pan. Using fingertips, press down crumbs, smoothing into an even layer. Then place pan in freezer while preparing batter.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch to a medium bowl. Beat until smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave chips and heavy cream for 25 seconds, then whisk until completely smooth. If chips are not melted after one minute of whisking, microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Let white chocolate mixture cool until warm, not hot, then fold into cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Place 1 or 2 candy canes in clean food processor and process until crushed. You can also buy candy cane bits to use instead.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. candy cane bits and 1/8 tsp. salt over cheesecake batter. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold peppermint bits until just combined. (Optional step: Tap bowl against counter top several times until air bubbles rise to surface. Burst bubbles with fork or toothpick.)
- Remove cheesecake crust from freezer and pour batter into pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and 3-inch trivet to Instant Pot. Cover cheesecake with foil, and place on trivet. Cook for 40 minutes at high pressure, then allow a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure is released, turn off Instant Pot and carefully remove cheesecake. Remove foil and allow cheesecake to cool for one hour or until room temperature. Once cool, carefully run a paring knife around the edge of the cheesecake to separate from pan. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Carefully push cheesecake up from push pan by placing center of push pan on a can or glass and pushing edges down. If using springform pan, gently remove outer edge of pan. Then serve and enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. To find out more visit our disclosure page.