Instant Pot Sausage Potato and Kale Soup
I love sausage in soups. But here’s the problem. Almost every soup recipe I come across will use the sausage to add flavor to the soup. That’s a great intention, but (in my opinion) it’s actually a total fail. If you boil it for any extended period of time, all the flavor will go into the broth. And then you’re left with flavorless sausage. This Instant Pot sausage potato and kale soup delivers!
Check out the recipe below to see how to retain the crispiness of the sausage.
Suggested Ingredients for Whole 30 Compliance
And as Always... Please Pin & Share the Love!
More Instant Pot Soups:
★ Did you make this Sausage Potato and Kale Soup?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup
This soup is so easy to make you might be surprised it's as delicious as it is - complete with crispy sausage and kale!Print Pin Rate
- 12 oz. sausage links sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. petite gold potatoes ½-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- ⅓ cup carrots sliced
- ¼ cup stalk celery diced
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 8 oz. kale de-ribbed, roughly torn
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Using sauté setting on Instant Pot - Once hot, add oil and cook sausage until crispy. About 3 minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, thyme, and vinegar cook for 3 minutes, making sure to scrape up bits from bottom.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except sausage) to pot and mix well.
- Lock lick and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Once time is complete, quick-release pressure then remove lid.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Add sausage slices to pot and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 634mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3455IU | Vitamin C: 41.5mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2.7mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag us Today!Mention @The.Foodie.Eats or tag #TheFoodieEats!
Leave a Reply