This Instant Pot butternut squash soup is incredibly simple to make and tastes like a mouthful of fall! It's slightly sweet, herbaceous, and savory.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and call this a perfect Fall soup. For starters, nothing says the Fall season like butternut squash. And with the addition of apple cider, this Instant Pot butternut squash soup hits all the points that make Fall flavors special... It's slightly sweet, herbaceous, and incredibly savory. Finally, adding the sautéed mushrooms gives it an earthy quality, and the Parmesan add the saltiness. It's very well balanced.
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 lbs. butternut squash 6 pounds before peeling
- 1 cup sweet onions roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Peel two medium-sized butternut squash. Then cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. They weighed a total of 6 pounds before peeling, yielding about 3 pounds of actual squash. Cut squash roughly into 1-inch cubes, then add them to pot.
- Then add a roughly chopped onion to pot. Add garlic, salt, and nutmeg to pot.
- Add rosemary, thyme, and bay leaf to a piece of cheesecloth and tie up with a piece of kitchen twine.
- Pour in chicken broth and apple cider, as well as adding the herb bouquet. Give all ingredients a good mix.
- Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove herb bouquet.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until completely smooth. If using a countertop blender… Do in a few batches. Fill less than halfway, remove your blender lid’s center insert, hold a kitchen towel over the top, and then blend. No explosions.
- Add butter and stir until melted completed. Finally, add cream and stir until well incorporated.
- Serve topped with sautéed mushrooms, shaved Parmesan cheese, and cracked black pepper.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.