The best part about this pressure cooker meatloaf recipe (other than the insane flavor) is the way that it's cooked. By cooking it in a steamer basket, all the fat drains away, making it as healthy as meatloaf can be. It's easily made gluten free with the right breadcrumbs; and with an irresistible brown sugar ketchup glaze, you’ll be coming back for more!
I'll be honest... I've seen a lot of pressure cooker meatloaf recipes online that just didn't seem appetizing at all. It seems as though most methods prefer to glaze the meatloaf before you cook it, like you would in a traditional meatloaf recipe. But that just doesn't work for pressure cooking. IMHO. What you usually end up with is a slimy, almost orange sauce that kinda ruins it for me. Even when you put it under a broiler, there's really no coming back from it.
So I decided to switch things up for this one. It took a few tries to get it right, but I think you'll be very happy with this method! I know my family was.
Can I make this gluten-free?
Absolutely! We've tested this recipe using 4C Gluten Free Crumbs, and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Our local grocery store carries this brand of bread crumbs, but if yours doesn't you can order them online here.
How to Make Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
And this is the AMAZING result...
More Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
★ Did you make this Pressure Cooker Meatloaf?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Pressure Cooker Meatloaf with Brown Sugar Glaze
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ cup bread crumbs see notes for gluten-free option
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Add ground beef to large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl – combine dry ingredients. Then add dry ingredients to ground beef and mix well with hands or fork.
- In same bowl used for dry ingredients – whisk together wet ingredients. Then add wet ingredients to ground beef mixture and mix well to combine.
- Form one large circular loaf with the beef mixture and place in a steamer basket. Add 1 cup of water to pot along with a 2-inch trivet. Place basket on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 16 minutes at high pressure.
- Meanwhile – combine ½ cup ketchup and brown sugar with a whisk.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer meatloaf to a baking sheet and generously glaze with ketchup mixture.
- Place under high broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until desired caramelization occurs.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT AFFILIATE LINKS, VISIT MY DISCLOSURE PAGE.
Made this in my Ninja Foodi halved the recipe worked great made a pan out of aluminum foil and sat on rack in low position pc then hit broil for 7 minutes will make it again
Steps 5 & 6 say to add 1 cup of water to the pot. Does that mean the total amount of the water is 2 cups? Thank you
Sorry, that was a mistake. It's updated now. Thanks for the heads up!
Making this right now, looks delicious! Am going to use my crisp lid to brown it in the instant pot!!,
What is a crisp lid?
MARE, google Mealthy lid.
If you have a foodie that also functions as a air crisper you have two lids. A pressure lid and a crisper lid.
If I double the recipe, and make a 4lb meatloaf, would the time double as well?? Thanks
I have not tested a loaf that large, but I don't think doubling the time would be necessary. Maybe something like 25 minutes?
Good idea! How long and what temp?
This recipe was amazing! We have a small family, so I only used a little over a pound of beef, but still followed the recipe otherwise. We will be making this again for sure!
I made this last night. Add a few extra ingredients like egg, brown sugar, I was awesome..
Delicious and so much quicker than using the oven!
Came out great, only changed one thing added a chopped jalapeño! Thanks for the great recipe👌
Great recipe! Full of tasty goodness! And, it cooked and looked like a gem! Thank you!
You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it!