With just two ingredients to prep, this Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup sure does taste like it takes more effort than it does. It's perfect for a quick meal that the whole family will love!
More Easy Instant Pot Soups
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
And This is the Amazing Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
With just two ingredients to prep, this Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup sure does taste like it takes more effort than it does. It's perfect for a quick meal that the whole family will love.Print Pin Rate
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz. whole kernel canned corn drained
- 30 oz. canned black beans drained
- 19 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 10.5 oz Rotel (Mexican style)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 5 lb. rotisserie chicken cooked
- Add all ingredients (except chicken) to pot and give a good mix. I also like to include the juice in the bottom of the rotisserie chicken tray. Lock lid and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Meanwhile – remove all chicken meat from bones. Reserve the carcass (bones and skin) to make broth later. Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Then remove lid, add the shredded chicken to the pot, and mix well. Allow the chicken to sit in the soup for a few minutes (the longer the better) to absorb the flavor.
- Serve topped with any combination of tortilla chips, avocado, cheese, and cilantro.
The sodium appears to be really high in this recipe. However, most of that is due to the highly seasoned skin and fat of a store-bought rotisserie chicken, which you do not add to the soup. So the actual sodium and fat content is much lower than listed. Recipe cards cannot be modified and are merely approximations anyways.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 907mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 26.8mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag us Today!Mention @The.Foodie.Eats or tag #TheFoodieEats!
Could not be easier. Delicious. VERY fast. I was so happy and it was well received.
I made this and it is awesome! Froze in single serve containers and had great soup for weeks! Freezes beautifully! And it is delicious! You can cook this in a Dutch oven on top of the stove just fine!
This was delicious! My boys (12 & 10) love it just as much as my husband and I. It was full of flavor and so easy to make. We added sour cream and salsa in it with cheddar cheese and avocado to the top in our bowls. Making it again for sure!
This is absolutely delicious! I have made it three times now and it is amazing. My husband and two boys (12 & 10) also love it. I made it for a friend after a death in her family and everyone raved over it. I didn't change a thing. We did add sour cream, avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips. I am trying it again tonight with chicken breasts instead of rotisserie chicken because that is what I had at home. Hopefully it is just as good?
This hit the spot! Exactly what I was looking for. I had a bit of a meltdown over what to have for lunch, and this was quick, easy and delicious! I used some Costco cooked chicken that I had stashed in the freezer. I didn't have any bell peppers in the house, so I threw in one chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (that I also had in the freezer.) Served it with shredded cheddar, avocado mash, and crushed tortilla chips. Fabulous!