There are few foods in the world that say comfort food as much as chicken pot pie. I can't even tell you how many I ate as a child, but it's definitely more than you did. I especially liked the brands that had crust on the top and bottom! So making it into a soup, while eating a bite of crescent roll or puff pastry with each bite, has made me a happy man. This version of Instant Pot chicken pot pie soup is easy to make, full of rich and full-bodied flavor, and surprisingly gluten-free - without the bread, obviously.
More Instant Pot Comfort Food Recipes
HOW TO MAKE THIS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
And the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 3-4 lb. whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup yellow onions diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs. red potatoes roughly chopped, 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1 cup corn frozen
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Add whole chicken to pot, along with 4 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper. Lock lid and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (about 30 minutes). Then remove chicken from pot and set aside. Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer and set aside for now. Wash out Instant Pot.
- Using sauté setting – add butter to pot along with onions and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes, until celery begins to soften. Add vinegar and cook for another minute or so, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining vegetables to pot (potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, corn), along with chicken stock. Lock lid and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Meanwhile – remove all chicken meat from bones and place in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend chicken until desired shredded consistency is reached.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid. Add heavy cream and shredded chicken to pot. Mix well.
- Serve with puff pastry or crescent rolls on the side.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.