Perfectly tender and flavorful corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots. And the Instant Pot takes out all the guesswork every time!
It’s that time of year again! When it’s socially acceptable to eat corned beef and drink green beer. I guess it’s technically acceptable to eat corned beef whenever you want, but people look at you weird if you drink green beer in February. We developed an Instant Pot corned beef recipe a few years ago, but like anything great… there’s always room for improvement! And that’s exactly what we’ve done here. That’s called a humble brag. 🙂
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
And this is the AMAZING result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Corned Beef? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4-5 lbs. corned beef brisket with seasoning packets
- 1 large yellow onion roughly chopped
- 8 garlic cloves peeled
- 10 thyme sprigs
- 4-6 cups chicken broth enough to cover brisket(s) completely
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs. red potatoes
- 1 lb. carrots peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 head of cabbage cut into wedges
- Place brisket(s) in Instant Pot (fat side down) with onions, garlic, and thyme. Then add broth and seasoning packet(s).
- Lock lid and cook for 75 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (will take about 35 minutes).
- Transfer briskets to a cutting board and cover with an aluminum foil tent.
- Pour the remaining broth through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. Discard cooked aromatics.
- Add one teaspoon of salt and bay leaves to pot, along with potatoes, carrots, and finally cabbage wedges on top.
- Lock lid and set timer for 0(zero) minutes. Once the timer beeps, quick-release pressure.
- Do not stir, but carefully remove each cabbage wedge individually onto your serving dishes.
- When it’s time to serve, be sure to cut the brisket across the grain to keep it from becoming chewy.