This soup is hearty, rich, and flavorful. It's pretty much a full meal in a bowl, perfect for a savory low-carb weeknight dinner.
We recently wrapped up a season of eating low-carb. And while it's very effective for losing a few pounds, my wife and I are in agreement that it's our least favorite way to eat. So, when we do eat a low-carb diet, we come up with some really delicious creations to keep it interesting. And this Instant Pot chicken mushroom soup is our latest. Don't let the common ingredients throw you- this soup is special! The flavor is something to be remembered.
HOW TO MAKE THIS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MUSHROOM SOUP
And the AMAZING Result…
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Gumbo
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Chicken Mushroom Soup?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 4 Tbsp. butter separated
- 24 oz. baby bella mushrooms sliced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup yellow onions diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. parsley finely chopped
- Using sauté setting – melt 2 tablespoons of butter in pot then add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes, until all juices are released. Transfer mushrooms with their juices to a bowl and set aside.
- Without rinsing out pot, and continuing on sauté mode, add 2 tablespoons of butter, onions, and celery to pot. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until celery begins to soften. Then add vinegar, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Continue cooking for another minute.
- Pass mushrooms through a strainer, returning their liquid to pot. Continue to keep the mushrooms separate to add them later. Add chicken stock to pot, along with chicken breasts, and cook for 7 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf and discard. Also transfer chicken breasts to a bowl.
- Then, using two forks, pull the chicken apart into bite-size pieces.
- Add cream cheese to pot and mix well until completely melted. Finally, return mushrooms and chicken to pot and mix well. Add the parsley and give one final mix. Serve immediately.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.