Instant Pot Brownies from Scratch
There are few desserts as perfect as a warm batch of brownies topped with some vanilla ice cream. However, I can’t say that I love the texture you get from a box mix. There’s just something distinct about that powder that I don’t enjoy. Well, this Instant Pot brownies recipe is incredibly easy to make, and yields a perfectly balanced texture between cake and fudge. They’re everything you want a brownie to be!
Makes a deceptively large batch!
Because we’re cooking this dessert in an Instant Pot, you might not expect there to be a lot. But I’m here to tell you that you can serve a lot of people with this pan of brownies. Not only are the brownies very rich, but they’re perfectly thick too. Not as thick as a slice of cake, but just the right size to cut into about 16 wedges.
Why use the Instant Pot?
One of the number one questions we get is “Why use the Instant Pot for brownies? Wouldn’t the oven be faster?”. While yes, oven baked brownies typically have a shorter cook time than these Instant Pot Brownies, there are several reasons I decided to give brownies in the Instant Pot a try. First, this recipe was developed in the middle of summer. Living in Florida, I prefer to avoid turning on the oven during summer whenever possible. Second, not everyone has access to an oven. Some of our readers travel with their Instant Pot, cooking from hotel rooms or campers that lack a kitchen. Others are using their Instant Pot because they’re in the middle of a home renovation. And then there’s those of us who love our Instant Pot so much that we’ll take any excuse to cook in them. No matter what your reason is, you won’t regret trying these delicious brownies!
And the AMAZING Result…
More Instant Pot dessert recipes:
- Halloween Brownies in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Banana Bread with Peanut Butter and Chocolate
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Glaze
- Gingerbread Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bread Made from Scratch
★ Did you make these Instant Pot Brownies?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix butter just a few seconds to get it going. Then add sugar and continue mixing until fully combined. Add eggs and blend until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. Gently mix until fully combined. Add chocolate chips to batter. Then, using a rubber spatula, mix well.
- Spray a 7×3 push pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly.
- Add a 3-inch trivet and 1 1/2 cups of water to cooker. Place push pan on top of trivet. Cover pan with aluminum foil. This will keep out moisture.
- Lock lid and cook for 50 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then quick-release remaining pressure.
- Remove pan from cooker, but allow brownies to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!