Made with oats, Cheerios, and ground flax, these healthy monster break cookies are a great grab-and-go breakfast for the kids, and adults, on busy mornings.
There are a few things I DO NOT like for breakfast: namely oatmeal and plain Cheerios. But if you make them into something delicious, I’ll eat all of them! Enter these healthy breakfast cookies. Yes, they have sugar and a touch of butter, but they are packed with oats, Cheerios, and ground flax – all know for recusing cholesterol. So you can sign me up for that reason alone.
Not to mention… this is a great grab-and-go breakfast for the whole family on those mornings where you don’t have a lot of time. We can eat them in the car on the way to drop off the kid at school. I know, not the best practice – don’t judge my life! Lol…
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make these Healthy Breakfast Cookies?
Please give it a star rating below!★
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oats and Cheerios to food processor (or blender) and pulse for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fully combined and broken up. You don’t need a flour-like consistency, just broken up very small.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add butter, applesauce, peanut butter, and honey. Microwave for 60-90 seconds, until butter begins to melt, then whisk together until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, add banana, egg, and vanilla extract. Mash banana and mix together well.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl – oats and Cheerios mixture, ground flax seeds, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients well to combine.
- Pour all wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, drop 12 level scoops onto a lined baking sheet. Then flatten and shape them into cookies. They will not spread while cooking.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!