Instant Pot Sushi Rice
There are few foods that have me doing the happy dance as much as sushi rolls. But let me tell you, it can be an expensive habit! So over the past year and a half, I’ve been learning and trying to perfect making it at home. And little did I know that the key is the rice! So when you combine this new mission with my slight obsession with my Instant Pot, you get this perfect Instant Pot sushi rice! I’m very happy about it.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 2 cups short-grain Japanese rice
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a fine mesh strainer - Rinse rice under running water for about 2 minutes, Then let dry for a few minutes.
- Add rice and water to Instant Pot and use rice setting - low pressure for 12 minutes. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release - about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl - combine white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar, salt, and sugar. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir until completely dissolved.
- Transfer rice to glass dish. Then using a wooden spoon, gently add vinegar mixture and mix well to combine.
- Let cool, the use in your favorite rolls. Enjoy!