Our family has decided to do the Whole30 diet. So you know what that means... Time to get creative with the food! Over the years I've found that the only times I'm successful with dieting is when I make a concerted effort to make delicious food. So here's one of my weekend creations - a delicious ratatouille frittata!
I Cannot Lie to You...
This recipe requires a good amount of work. Not difficult work. But it just takes some time to make this dish look stunning. But, sometimes it's worth it for that "Wow!" factor - which this delivers, both with appearance and flavor! I highly recommend getting a high-quality v-blade mandoline slicer. We've owned several over the years, but the one pictured above has proven to be worth the investment.
You'll Notice a Difference
Traditional ratatouille contains eggplant. I don't really like eggplant. Well, unless it's breaded, fried, and covered with cheese and sauce. So, for this dish, I decided to switch it out for potatoes. It worked. I mean, it really worked!
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Ratatouille Frittata?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
- 2 zucchini thinly sliced rounds
- 2 squash thinly sliced rounds
- 2 russet potatoes thinly sliced rounds
- 5 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 large eggs
- 4 tsp. sea salt divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large cast iron skillet - arrange zucchini, squash, potatoes, and tomatoes in an alternating circular pattern around outside of pan. Then make an inner circle going the opposite direction. Finally, fill in center to make a "flower-like" shape.
- Drizzle olive oil around the outside of pan and in the cracks of veggies. Then sprinkle with 2 tsp. of salt.
- Place skillet uncovered in oven for 40 minutes.
- Move skillet to stovetop and cook over medium-high heat until juices are evaporated (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl - combine eggs and 2 tsp. of salt. Whisk well.
- Once juices are evaporated - gently add eggs to skillet and allow to settle for about 30 seconds.
- Move skillet back to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice like a pie, and enjoy!
And as Always... Please Pin & Share the Love!