Easy and delicious mashed sweet potatoes, perfect for a weeknight side dish.
I often find myself in need of something super simple and quick for dinner. Especially when it comes to side dishes. Well, I’ve finally jotted down my go-to recipe for delicious pressure cooker sweet potatoes!
I’ve cooked these potatoes more times than I can count, but I’ve never actually taken into account how much of anything I was adding. I guess I get that from my mom. But my wife has changed me! She wants me to be able to recreate dishes time-after-time. So, for that reason, I have begun the process of documenting measurements in food – particularly the less sexy side dishes that we eat on a regular basis.
★ Did you make these Pressure Cooker Sweet Potatoes? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Pressure Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- 3 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- Place 5 large sweet potatoes in pressure cooker on top of trivet and add water. Lock lid and set manual timer for 20 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, while potatoes are cooking – in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Heat and mix until fully melted. Then add evaporated milk and bring to a simmer.
- Remove skin from potatoes and also trim any dark spots. Transfer potatoes to large mixing bowl.
- Pour milk mixture into mixing bowl and thoroughly mash and mix potatoes
- Serve and enjoy!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.