Summer is almost here! So we’re developing our menu for the season. And this pressure cooker lemon risotto with summer squash is an absolute must for the warmer months! It’s bright and creamy, with a simple-to-execute method. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it!
What would you serve with this dish?
We’ve had a few people tell us that they’ve simply added chicken to this risotto and they loved it! I, on the other hand, would recommend eating this dish with a nice piece of broiled fish. Lemon and fish are best friends, so this is a no-brainer for me.
HOW TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER LEMON RISOTTO
★ Did you make this Pressure Cooker Lemon Risotto?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Pressure Cooker Lemon Risotto with Summer Squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 lb. summer squash large diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Using sauté setting - add oil, then add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add squash, garlic, salt & pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently - doing your best to toast each grain of rice.
- Add the wine, mix well, and cook for about 2 minutes (until evaporated), stirring constantly.
- Pour in the stock and mix well. Close the lid and steam vent, then switch setting to manual for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure, then open lid. Turn off power to avoid overcooking. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and parmesan - mix well.
- Serve immediately if possible. If not, do not cover while waiting or rice will overcook. Enjoy!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.