Tender and flavorful Instant Pot turkey breast in under an hour! Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or a delicious weeknight meal.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I ended up enjoying this Instant Pot turkey breast. Around the holidays our family always has turkey, but we rarely are excited to eat it. It's just what you do, but it's usually either dry, flavorless, or both. Well, I'm pretty confident they are going to RAVE about this one. I'm not sure how all the aromatics got into the meat so well, but I could totally taste the garlic and thyme while eating it.
And this is the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this Instant Pot Turkey Breast? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- 5-6 lb. bone-in, skin-on turkey breast
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 garlic head sliced across cloves
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 lemon sliced
- Make sure turkey breast is completely defrosted. Season breast liberally with salt and pepper, making sure to season inside cavity as well.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot – chicken broth, onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary. (Not pictured: I meant to add a sliced lemon as well, but I forgot.) Place trivet on top of all ingredients. May be uneven and not touch bottom, and that’s okay.
- Place breast on top of trivet, skin side up. Lock lid and cook for 35 minutes at high pressure. I use the rule: 5 minutes per pound, plus 5 more minutes. There’s nothing worse than undercooked poultry.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally (will take almost 30 minutes).
- Using tongs and a spatula, transfer turkey breast to a baking tray. Place into oven under high broiler until skin reaches desired crispiness. Keep a close eye on it and do not walk away because it can change quickly. Be sure to rotate the breast so that it crisps evenly on all sides of the skin.
- When ready to serve, be sure to slice against the grain. If you slice with the grain, the turkey will be chewy.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.