This Instant Pot Salmon is so flavorful that it's shocking how simple the recipe is to execute. And the result is incredibly moist and flaky! When I first tried salmon in the Instant Pot, I wanted to have a low-calorie meal that night. So I used no oil and chose very simple seasoning. That was a very light meal that definitely needed more. Afterward, I added two things: some fat (enter butter) and a little zip (enter lemon zest). It was such a good decision, I decided to share it with you.
Dill: Fresh or Dried?
In my opinion... There's a time and place for dried herbs. And that's typically in some sort of sauce that will cook for a while. I mean, who knows how long dried herbs sit in a jar before we cook them? Therefore, they need help to reach their full potential! Fresh herbs on the other hand are ready to go! Without question. So I highly recommend using fresh herbs as much as possible. I should probably grow them considering how much I use them.
How to Make Instant Pot Lemon Dill Salmon
And the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Instant Pot Salmon with Lemon, Pepper, and Dill
- 2 Tbsp. butter room temperature
- 1 tsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 fresh dill sprig
- Add butter, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to small mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Using a rubber spatula will help collect all the butter for you.
- Cut salmon into portion sizes of your choice. Place dollops of butter compound all around top of salmon pieces. Spread out as much as possible.
- Add one cup of water to pressure cooker, along with a few sprigs of thyme and/or dill. Place half of the salmon on standard trivet and insert into pot. Sprinkle with more pepper, if you like. Top salmon pieces with 2 thin slices of lemon.
- Place second half of the salmon on a 3-inch trivet and insert into pot. Again, sprinkle with more pepper, if you like. Once again, top salmon pieces with 2 thin slices of lemon.
- Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove lid and serve immediately.
This was my first time cooking salmon in the IP, and it turned out perfectly! Thanks for the easy recipe.
I did not have a lemon, so I used an orange (my orange was crossed with a grapefruit, so it was a sour and a good substitute.) I added some garlic powder and dried thyme to the butter mixture, along with a dash of cayenne, paprika.
I placed baby carrots, onion, zucchini, and garlic at the bottom, then placed the salmon on the trivet over it. I can't wait to try this with fresh herbs next time.
Have you ever tried cooking the salmon for only 2 minutes? Just wondering if you had any trial and error.
I'm new to this whole instant pot thing but I think this was the best salmon I ever made oven or instant pot!
Delicious and easy to Make!
I usually don't care for Salmon, but you have convinced me that it is worth it! Thank you!