Instant Pot Salmon with Lemon, Pepper and Dill
This Instant Pot Salmon is so flavorful that it’s shocking how simple the recipe is to execute. And the result is incredibly moist and flaky! When I first tried salmon in the Instant Pot, I wanted to have a low-calorie meal that night. So I used no oil and chose very simple seasoning. That was a very light meal that definitely needed more. Afterwards, I added two things: some fat (enter butter) and a little zip (enter lemon zest). It was such a good decision, I decided to share it with you.
Dill: Fresh or Dried?
In my opinion… There’s a time and place for dried herbs. And that’s typically in some sort of sauce that will cook for a while. I mean, who knows how long dried herbs sit in a jar before we cook them? Therefore, they need help to reach their full potential! Fresh herbs on the other hand are ready to go! Without question. So I highly recommend using fresh herbs as much as possible. I should probably grow them considering how much I use them.
And the AMAZING Result…
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Instant Pot Salmon with Lemon, Pepper, and Dill
- 2 Tbsp. butter room temperature
- 1 tsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 fresh dill sprig
- Add butter, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to small mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Using a rubber spatula will help collect all the butter for you.
- Cut salmon into portion sizes of your choice. Place dollops of butter compound all around top of salmon pieces. Spread out as much as possible.
- Add one cup of water to pressure cooker, along with a few sprigs of thyme and/or dill. Place half of the salmon on standard trivet and insert into pot. Sprinkle with more pepper, if you like. Top salmon pieces with 2 thin slices of lemon.
- Place second half of the salmon on a 3-inch trivet and insert into pot. Again, sprinkle with more pepper, if you like. Once again, top salmon pieces with 2 thin slices of lemon.
- Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove lid and serve immediately.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!