Pressure Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
So Why Not Just Order Take-Out?
Over the past few years, we’ve had to adjust the way we eat. A few years ago, my wife (randomly) developed an intolerance to onions. After our first daughter was born came the intolerance to gluten. Three months ago, we had our second daughter, who (at this point) can’t digest dairy well. Needless to say, I’ve been experimenting quite a bit to still make food taste delicious without 3 favorite ingredients.
With that being said… I LOVE Chinese take-out. But I haven’t eaten it in almost 4 years ((tear)) because it is loaded with soy sauce, oyster sauce, wheat and sugar. So I reached a tipping point – where Asian food needed to be added to my repertoire in the kitchen. And this is the first of many Asian-inspired recipes I will share.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 8 chicken thighs - boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup tamari - aka gluten-free soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- ½ tsp. allspice - ground
- ½ tsp. ginger - ground
- 2 Tbsp. garlic - minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha (or more, as desired)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1-2 lbs. broccoli florets - frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chucks. Add to mixing bowl with all other ingredients (except broccoli and broth), mix well, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn on sauté setting on Instant Pot and allow to get fully hot. Then add all ingredients from bowl into pot and cook until chicken is almost done (7-10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, chicken broth, and mix well.
- Switch Instant Pot to manual setting for 1 minute and close lid.
- Once cooking is complete, quick-release pressure.
- Serve with rice. And Enjoy!