Instant Pot Vegan Potato Soup
I’m not exactly sure how this happened. But somehow and some way, this Instant Pot vegan potato soup has a “meaty” flavor. Now, that is not the point – to have food taste like meat. But when eating a strict plant-based diet, I’ll take any meaty flavor I can get! And, additionally, is actually more of a potato-vegetable chowder than a soup.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion - diced
- 2 stalks celery - diced
- 2 medium carrots - peeled, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. garlic - minced
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 lbs. potatoes (red or gold) - skin-on, roughly chopped
- Turn on sauté setting on Instant Pot - Once hot, add oil, onions, carrots, and celery, cook for about 5 minutes (until onions are translucent and carrots begin to soften).
- Add vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf cook for 2 minutes, until vinegar has evaporated.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, pepper, and potatoes, then mix well. Then switch Instant Pot to manual setting for 7 minutes.
- Once time is complete quick-release pressure then remove lid.
- Remove bay leaf and mash well with a potato masher. (I don't recommend using any kind of blender because the soup will become super starchy.)
- Ladle into a bowl and top with caramelized onions and/or fresh green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!