With all the extra treats of the holiday season making their way into our bellies, we definitely need to work in salad for dinner every now and then. This kale and Brussels sprout salad is hearty enough for a full meal! And the options are endless, as you can switch out whatever fruits you have on hand. Since it’s currently in between fall and winter, our grocery store had the best prices on apples and pears. So that’s what we used.
★ Did you make this Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad?
Please give it a star rating below! ★
Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 lb. kale de-ribbed, shredded
- 4 radishes cut into eighths
- 1 apple diced
- 1 pear diced
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice separated
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Slice off the stems of the Brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves individually. Then thinly slice the inside, so there is nearly no waste. Once you dice the apple and pear, immediately toss them in 2 Tbsp. lemon juice to prevent discoloration. In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, kale, radishes, apple, pear, and raisins. Give a good toss!
- In a medium bowl - whisk together the 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, vinegar, agave nectar, nutritional yeast, sugar, salt, and pepper until the liquid appears creamy. Then slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to evenly coast all the ingredients. Let stand for at least 15 minutes (and up to an hour refrigerated) before serving. This will help the hearty greens "soften" just a little bit.
- Serve and enjoy!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.