Eggnog Coffee Creamer in the Instant Pot
Sure, you can pour regular eggnog into your coffee. But after taking the time to make homemade eggnog, we prefer to drink savor it on its own, or with a splash of bourbon. This easy eggnog coffee creamer brings the delicious flavors of eggnog to your mug, without sacrificing your precious eggnog. Plus- it's a great egg-free alternative!
Can I Make This Sugar-Free?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made sugar-free. Simply leave the sugar out! When the creamer is finished, you can either add your favorite sugar-free sweetener to the entire container of creamer, or leave the creamer unsweetened. And instead, add the desired amount of sugar-free sweetener directly to your coffee cup when you add your creamer.
Can I make this on the stove?
If you don't have access to an Instant Pot, you can make this on the stove. Just bring the milk/sugar mixture to a low boil over medium to medium-high heat for thirty minutes instead of using the Instant Pot sauté function. However, I prefer the consistent heat, along with the built in 30-minute sauté function, of the Instant Pot.
And this is the AMAZING Result…
More Instant Pot seasonal treats:
★ Did you make this Eggnog Coffee Creamer?
Please give it a star rating below!★
Eggnog Coffee Creamer
- 4 cups whole milk divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine sugar and 3 cups milk in Instant Pot and stir to combine. Select sauté – normal. If needed, set a timer for 30 minutes. If using an Instant Pot, the sauté cycle should automatically shut off and beep after 30 minutes.
- As sugar and milk mixture heats, whisk occasionally. Once mixture begins to foam, stop mixing. Allow to continue to cook undisturbed for the remainder of the 30 minute sauté cycle.
- When the 30 minute cycle is finished, the mixture should be a caramel color. Foam will appear on top. Remove foam and film and pour unto a medium bowl. To easily remove foam, pour mixture through fine mesh strainer.
- Clean Instant Pot, then press “keep warm” and add remaining milk, heavy cream, nutmeg, vanilla extract and rum extract to Instant Pot.
- Stir to combine and heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through- about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and combine milk and cream mixture with the sugar and milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour creamer into 1 quart mason jar through fine mesh strainer to strain out some of the nutmeg pieces. (Optional) There will still be plenty of nutmeg in the creamer! Store in quart size mason jar in fridge for 7 to 10 days.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!