Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup
Can you smell that? The first smells of Fall are in our kitchen. Not only is the weather about to be amazing, but we are super excited to share some recipes full of that warmth and spiciness that only Autumn can deliver. And this Instant Pot pumpkin soup is only the beginning! It’s both vegan (aka plant-based) and gluten-free, with a non-traditional flavor profile.
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 1 small yellow onion - diced
- 2 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower - florets only
- 3 tsp. sea salt - divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup molasses
- Using the sauté setting - add oil and cook onions until soft and translucent (about 3 - 4 minutes), stirring constantly to prevent burning/browning. Then add cauliflower florets, 1 tsp. of salt, and black pepper and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Next add vinegar and cook for another minute or two, until mostly evaporated.
- Add broth, pumpkin, cardamom, nutmeg, molasses, and 2 tsp. of salt to IP. Mix well. Lock lid and switch to manual setting for 5 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, rapid-release pressure. Then remove lid.
- Using and immersion blender - blend soup until completely smooth. Or transfer to a high-powered blender (in batches). Remove the round insert from top of the blender and cover the hole with a towel. Blend slowly at first, increasing speed incrementally to avoid mess. Blend until incredibly smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!