Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Chili
This is an amazing twist on a timeless classic. The hint of sweetness from the potatoes pairs perfectly with the traditional chili spices.
- 15 oz. canned black beans drained, rinsed
- 15 oz. canned pinto beans drained, rinsed
- 15 oz. canned kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 15 oz. canned great northern beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup yellow onions diced
- 1 cup green bell peppers diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
First add all 4 types of beans to pot. Then add the other veggies – onions, peppers, and garlic. Then add sweet potatoes. Next add the spices – chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, and salt. Now, add your liquid components – chicken broth and tomato sauce. Give a good mix. Finally, add chicken breasts, and try to submerge in the liquid.
Lock lid and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid.
Remove chicken breasts and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
Return chicken to pot, mix, and let sit for as long as you can, but at least 10 minutes.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 1249mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 11690IU | Vitamin C: 18.5mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 4.4mg