Instant Pot Pumpkin Bread
This is everything you love about a quick bread... moist, rich, and slightly dense. Not to mention the pumpkin spice flavor!
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups self-rising flour
Add butter and sugar to large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, “cream” together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Next, add pumpkin and spices. Mix until fully combined. Will look like it has curdled, but it hasn’t.
Add flour and mix gently with a rubber spatula until fully combined, making sure to scrape the edges of the bowl.
Spray a 7×3 push pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and spread out as evenly as you can. Cover pan with foil to keep out condensation.
Add 3-inch trivet and 1 ½ cups water to cooker. Place pan on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 60 minutes at high pressure.
Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then quick-release remaining pressure. Remove pan from cooker and uncover. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing or slicing.
- What if I don't have self-rising flour? In this recipe, you could also use 2 cups of all-purpose flour combined with 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda.
- Can I make this bread in a bundt pan? Yes! You could also use a 7-inch springform pan. Cook times for both will remain the same.
- Is the butter salted or unsalted? Here's the deal... If you use salted butter, there's no need to add salt. But if you have unsalted butter, you'll want to add ½ teaspoon.
- Can I use the trivet that came with my Instant Pot? The short answer is no. Here's why... You want to keep you pan as far from the liquid as possible. The included trivet is just too short.
- I really only have one tip for making this bread, but it's a REALLY important one! Once you add the flour, be sure to use something other than a mixer to combine. I recommend using a rubber spatula. If you use something like a hand mixer, the bread with become chewy because it will build up the gluten, which is not what you want to happen here.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 5030IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.3mg