Pressure Cooker Cauliflower Paella
With Shrimp and Chicken Sausage
I can hear the skeptics already. But trust me when I tell you… This pressure cooker cauliflower paella is amazing. The flavors, the textures, the colors – it all works! The cauliflower is NOT mushy (which happens so often with cauliflower “rice”).
The best part about this recipe (in my opinion) is it’s versatility with different dietary needs. Whether you’re doing Paleo, Whole 30, gluten-free, or dairy-free – this recipe is good to go!
Suggestions for Ingredients
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs - cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil - divided
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 small or 1 large head cauliflower - grated
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 4 sausage links - Aidells Chicken & Apple, ½-inch slices
- 1 lb. colossal shrimp - 13-15 per pound
- ½ cup yellow onion - diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic - minced
- 1 cup chicken bone broth - organic, free-range
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas - thawed (optional)
- ¼ cup parsley - fresh, chopped
- Combine the chicken, 1 Tbsp. oil, paprika, and oregano in a small bowl. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Using a food processor grater attachment, grate the cauliflower until it is in small, rice-size pieces. Set aside.
- Turn on sauté setting on Instant Pot. Once hot, add oil, then brown sausage on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken and marinade to Instant Pot and cook thoroughly (about 7-8 minutes). Remove and set aside.
- Add onions to IP and sauté until translucent (about 3 minutes). Then add garlic and continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower, turmeric, and salt to IP. Mix well to combine. Then add stock, chicken, and sausage and mix again.
- Top with a layer of thyme sprigs. Then nestle the shrimp on top in an even layer.
- Close lid and vent. Set manual time for 1 minute. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure and remove lid. Turn of IP to avoid overcooking.
- Remove shrimp and set aside. Remove thyme sprigs and discard.
- Add peas and parsley to IP and mix well.
- Pour all contents of pot into a fine mesh strainer to remove liquid, then return to pot.
- Serve in a bowl and top with shrimp. Enjoy!