Quick, Easy, and Delicious
Pressure Cooker Yellow Rice
This past weekend, my sister asked if I could bring yellow rice to family dinner at my mom’s house. I’m sure pressure cooker yellow rice was not on her radar. But it was actually the most complimented dish of the day. Everyone kept asking… “What’s that I’m tasting?” Ah! Music to a chef’s ears. Well, I told them. And now I’m telling you. Things that taste this good really should require more effort. But thanks to the Instant Pot, they don’t have to always!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion (1/4 cup) - diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic - minced
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Using sauté setting on Instant Pot - Melt butter, then add onions and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add rice and turmeric; stir well to coat.
- Add all remaining ingredients, then close lid and switch to rice setting (12 minutes at low pressure).
- Once cooking is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then switch valve to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and remove cinnamon stick, thyme stems, and bay leaf.
- Mix well, serve, and enjoy!